- Perform a variety of equipment preparation and painting duties such as cleaning, inspection, sand blasting, masking and painting
- Be physically able to work with a supplied air breathing system and all required PPE while performing the painting/sandblasting operations.
- Operate a Sata high-pressure paint sprayer system
- Maintain the painting and sandblasting equipment in good working order
- Mix and thin paints to specified colour and consistency in accordance with color codes/charts, using the Akzo Nobel mixing equipment
- Manage paint supply inventories and coordinate supply purchases with the Supply Chain Department.
- Mask and cover surfaces not to be painted
- Successfully paint pressure control equipment, manufactured skid frames/components and other equipment as needed with high quality results
- Ensure high level of cleanliness for areas of responsibility
- Other duties as assigned to assist the production team
- Possess a valid recognized Alberta Journeyperson Trade Certificate, or be enrolled in a certified apprenticeship program or equivalent program.
- 1 to 2 years of directly related work experience in a similar industry considered an asset
- Knowledge of methods and techniques related to painting, safe use, storage and disposal of paint and cleaning products
- Knowledge of a wide variety of types of Industrial Paint. Lee Specialties currently uses U-Tech products provided by Akzo Nobel
- Good written and oral communications skills
- Certification and/or experience with MP and LP NDT is an asset
- Ability to pass a Breathing Apparatus Fit Test and other physical tests that may be required by regulatory agencies to perform the paint & sandblast tasks.
- Ability to lift / move equipment as needed.
We are seeking a skilled & motivated Industrial Painter/Sand Blaster to join our team. This position is located at our Blackfalds manufacturing facility located in the Aspelund Industrial Park. We have a new state-of-the-art paint booth and an Akzo Nobel paint mixing system as well as a new sandblast tent and a Mod-U-Blast sandblast cabinet system.